Our weekend will start Thursday afternoon with a Meet and Greet reception at the
Doubletree Hotel. Hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be available at that time. Any
additional dinner plans will be on your own this evening. In the evening,
select layouts will be available for touring.
feature the usual Swap Meet, Annual Business Meeting, Model/Photo Display and Clinics at the Meet hotel.
Dinner will be on your own with additional layouts available for touring.
During the day on Saturday, we will board coach buses for a ride to Wahoo, NE, to visit
the old CB&Q depot at the Saunders County Museum. It has been restored to the way it
looked when it was in use. This includes the upstairs living area. We will then head over
to Waverly to visit the Camp Creek Railroaders (www.campcreekrailroaders.org) with
some interesting CB&Q items.
Lunch will also be provided at Camp Creek. This event is
open to all attendees. The cost of the tour is included in the Full Fare. For Friday 'Day
Fares' the trip is an add-on cost. It is available for those not attending the Friday
activities - HOWEVER 'Full Fare' then 'Day Fare' will receive priority if capacity
becomes an issue.
In the evening will be our traditional Happy Hour, Banquet, Raffle and Keynote Speaker
The Board of Directors meeting will be held on Sunday morning.
For the Ladies
Join us for a tour on Friday to Omaha's wonderful Lauritzen Gardens. We'll travel by shuttle
bus from the hotel to the premier botanical garden in Nebraska. At Lauritzen Gardens, a diverse
and extensive palette of plant life combines with fine art, architectural components and water
features to create an incredible sensory experience. Tram service will be included making it
easy to explore the extensive grounds. Lunch will be provided. Then we'll travel back toward
Omaha's Old Market area stopping at the Durham Museum. Spend several hours viewing the
permanent exhibits while enjoying this Art Deco architectural gem that once was Omaha's
Union Station. Wrap up the day by shopping in the unique shops in the Old Market or return
to the hotel.
Schedule of Events
Thursday - September 7th (at Hotel)
- 03:00p - 06:00p - Registration Open
- 03:00p - 06:00p - Welcome Reception
- 06:30p - 09:00p - Layout Tours Open
Friday - September 8th (at Hotel)
- 06:00a - 12:00a - Registration Open
- 06:00a - 08:00a - Swap meet set up
- 08:00a - 09:30a - Annual Business Meeting (all members are encouraged to attend)
- 08:00a - 09:30a - Swap Meet room closed during meeting
- 09:15a - 09:30a - Ladies Bus Loading - Gather at Hotel Lobby
- 09:30a - 04:30p - Ladies Outing Departs
- 09:30a - 01:00p - Swap Meet
- 09:30a - 04:00p - Model/Photo Display
Lunch on your own
Clinics (starting at 01:30p)
- Gary Hosek - Burlington images from the collection of Richard Schmeling
- Janet Jeffries - Railroad Builder: Thomas Doane
- Ken Martin - Burlington Wood Depots
- Steve Holding - Modeling From the Archives
Dinner on your own
06:30p - 09:00p - Layout Tours Open
Saturday - September 9th (at Hotel)
- 08:00a - 08:30a - Registration Open
- 08:15a - 08:30a - Bus loading for Wahoo and Camp Creek
- 08:30a - 04:00p - Bus trip to Wahoo Depot and Camp Creek Railroaders in Waverly
- 06:00p - 07:00p - Social Hour
- 07:00p - 08:30p - Banquet/Raffles/Awards
- 08:30p - Keynote Speaker - Mike Connor - The Burlington around Omaha and Eastern Nebraska
The Board of Directors meeting Sunday morning.